I finally put together our little terrarium last week and I am thrilled at how it turned out! Terrariums are super easy to make and maintain (I don’t have much of a green thumb), so I figured I would share a tutorial for you to make your own.
You will need:
- A clean glass container with a large enough opening for you to place plants (fish bowls work well!)
- Small stones for drainage
- Charcoal (can be purchased at a nursery)
- Plants (succulents and slow growing plants that like semi shade / shade work well!)
- Cute decorations
- Layer the stones (carefully) at the bottom of the glass container.
- Add a thin layer of the charcoal on top
- Add a layer of potting mix and create a hole large enough to place your plants in.
- Place plants – > I used moss for easy maintainence.
- Include cute decorations! -> I purchased toadstools from Layer Cake Shop and small animals can be found at Collage Collage.
- If you have an open top terrarium, then spritz with water once or twice per week. Closed top terrariums should stay moist. Avoid placing in direct sunshine.