Posts Tagged: LONDON
I am up to my eyeballs wrapping up the last wedding for our season and sewing projects for the upcoming IDSwest. Hope to pop in before the end of the week to show you what I am working on, but until then, here are some more pictures from London (UK)!
Home of the famous Columbia Road Flower Market, this small area of independent shops are normally only open on the weekends with Sunday being the busiest with the market. If you have the time, I always suggest taking a stroll on both a Saturday and Sunday. It’s like night and day. You won’t even realize that you are at the same place!
Some favourites include Elphick’s (Sharon has amazing taste and I admit to spending too much on my last trip!), Suck and Chew (love the name and the decor), Treacle (click here for my Poppytalk shop tour), Beyond Fabrics (my go to place for sewing notions), and Vintage Heaven / Cake Hole (the name says it all), and Jones Dairy (pretty sure that cat lives there).
After the redevelopment of St. Pancras Renaissance hotel, the new Eurostar termainal, and the 5 year renovation of King’s Cross Station, things are definitely changing in this area. I was on a mission to check out Caravan King’s Cross situated in the Granary Building / Old Grain Store that just opened up days before we were set to fly back to Vancouver. A large part of Eat Street is still under contruction, but the food carts were definitely buzzing around lunch time which was a nice change from when we first visited last Winter. Pack a picnic and watch the dancing fountains at Granary Square or take a walk along the Regent’s Canal.
No matter how many times I visit London, I always discover something new. Whether it be a new favourite shop, new treat to eat, or a new neighbourhood to discover. On this trip, we found Exmouth Market in Clerkenwell, a hub of activity dating back to the Middle Ages. See that shop called ‘The Family Business‘? Inside, you can browse the portfolios of the local, and many visiting international practitioners that see a term here as a rite of passage. Each artist will create a bespoke design just for you, but if you want a tattoo by owner Mo Coppoletta, you will have to add your name to the year long wait list.
Oh, and that mac + cheese at Pizza East? I’m still having cheesy dreams!
Here is the last batch of instagrams from London, but I have plenty of camera shots that I plan to share. I can’t seem to turn off my internal holiday clock and after a busy weekend with 3 back to back events, Robert and I took a mini break up to Whistler to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. Time sure flies!
- Long story short, I was wandering around Bloomsbury and found this solo art show by accident. The show didn’t open until 1pm, but the art around the building was absolutely amazing. Will be posting more soon!
- Fry up at Caravan Exmouth Market (those soy mushrooms were delish!)
- Brolly & Ice Cream Pop-Up exhibition celebrating the contrary British Summertime
- I spotted a lotto cage at the Spitalfields Antique Market and carried it all the way home on the bus.
- View of Kingston Pier from Hampton Court Palace (clockwise)
- Robbie Williams was filming a new music video at Spitalfields * swoon *
- I * had * to visit the brand new Caravan King’s Cross while I was in town
- Due to a bomb scare, we were evacuated out of M&S and stumbled upon this cute coffee shop on the way home