Posts Tagged: uk
I am up to my eyeballs wrapping up the last wedding for our season and sewing projects for the upcoming IDSwest. Hope to pop in before the end of the week to show you what I am working on, but until then, here are some more pictures from London (UK)!
Home of the famous Columbia Road Flower Market, this small area of independent shops are normally only open on the weekends with Sunday being the busiest with the market. If you have the time, I always suggest taking a stroll on both a Saturday and Sunday. It’s like night and day. You won’t even realize that you are at the same place!
Some favourites include Elphick’s (Sharon has amazing taste and I admit to spending too much on my last trip!), Suck and Chew (love the name and the decor), Treacle (click here for my Poppytalk shop tour), Beyond Fabrics (my go to place for sewing notions), and Vintage Heaven / Cake Hole (the name says it all), and Jones Dairy (pretty sure that cat lives there).
Here is the last batch of instagrams from London, but I have plenty of camera shots that I plan to share. I can’t seem to turn off my internal holiday clock and after a busy weekend with 3 back to back events, Robert and I took a mini break up to Whistler to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. Time sure flies!
- Long story short, I was wandering around Bloomsbury and found this solo art show by accident. The show didn’t open until 1pm, but the art around the building was absolutely amazing. Will be posting more soon!
- Fry up at Caravan Exmouth Market (those soy mushrooms were delish!)
- Brolly & Ice Cream Pop-Up exhibition celebrating the contrary British Summertime
- I spotted a lotto cage at the Spitalfields Antique Market and carried it all the way home on the bus.
- View of Kingston Pier from Hampton Court Palace (clockwise)
- Robbie Williams was filming a new music video at Spitalfields * swoon *
- I * had * to visit the brand new Caravan King’s Cross while I was in town
- Due to a bomb scare, we were evacuated out of M&S and stumbled upon this cute coffee shop on the way home
Counting down the remaining days of my work contract and savouring as much as this City as we can. Plenty keeping us busy lately and spending too much money time grabbing warm croissants for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch to help us through the long days. This week’s theme is “get’er done”, but first, maybe an afternoon nap or a quick jaunt to Oxford Circus? I am the Queen of Procrastination.
- An overcast London Eye
- Rare roast beef and horseradish sandwiched inside a yorkshire pudding
- Imperial War Museum
- Brick Lane street art
- Detour through Baker Street tube station
- Outfit shot courtesy of Robert
- Early morning Regent Street
- Flat white and sandwich with pretzel bread from Prufrock
- Covent Garden