Summer School will turn a Vancouver-based Artist Run Center into a free pop-up school for one week. Classes will be taught by Ming and Erin as well as several local guest teachers covering a wide range of topics including:
- Sustainable dye techniques
- Homemade looms and back strap weaving
- Air tasting
- Indigo dyeing and kite making
- Making chapbooks out of anything
- Solar photograms
- Mushroom spore printing and edible mushroom identification
- Creative analysis and resdesign of local flora
- and more!
In addition to the school component, all the works of art created by students and teachers of Summer School will be included in an exhibition to be on view at Project Space for the entire month of August. They will also host public artist talks and openings in addition to publishing an accompanying book, Lesson Book, which will feature instructions from all of the classes, curatorial essays, images of the projects, and other surprise material for those that can not participate in the school.
Click here for more information about Summer School and to fund their kickstarter project!